Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ocean of Snow

Without being at home, with many things to do, but at a desk without access to the Internet, and no books or magazines, there was nothing to do but write. So I wrote a short poem about yesterday's moment in the field.

Ocean of Snow

Wind blows a field
of white waves,
lighter than salt.
Flecks melt into my eyes
as I lean against a tree,
mammoth rivulets of bark,
and watch black branches
scrawling waving calligraphies
on the squalls.

-
Now I think it 'cut up' prose, really. And yet when I format it in paragraph form it doesn't quite work. It's neither, then. Which is why I call what I do prosepoetry.




Home    Women In Seasons    Recent Work    Videopoetry    Celestial Dancers    Photopoems    Birthdance    Bliss Queen    Bio    Life Drawings    Earth Rising    Creative Process    Links    Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

An impressionistic response to Truffaut’s, The 400 Blows 1959

The 400 Blows, or  "faire les quatre cents coups” (to ‘raise hell’),  directed by Truffaut, 1959 The luscious blacks and whites, the co...