Sunday, December 06, 2009

Sunday Morning Sketch

In this drawing I am trying to find something lost. A perception; a route; a way of understanding. From my book of doodle drawings, where I allow myself more freedom, less restraint. A poesis drawing - word painting.



DaphneDragonSeaWoman, 2009, 8"x11", 21.5cmx28cm, India ink on archival paper. Finished painting here. Click on image for larger size.

What is written down the side:
...

In the myth of the Daphne
with the dragon
seed pod and the
pelts in the
water of the
women swimming
tangle of lace
of trees, fur over
bone, sky of Seine,
jungle of painted
wood carved
into the new Aceh, gleaming
city washed by the
tsunami. Do dragon seeds
give
birth to
dragons
or to
dreams?

...

woman who is
the mast who is the
boat who is the trees
around whom the sky

...

There is a closet in the corner of my living room that has a full bookcase in front of most of it. That bookcase has to be emptied, felt strips attached to the bottom along with appliance wheels if they work, the closet has to be emptied, re-organized, bags of clothes collected for the Diabetes association (which will pick up since I don't have a car), and I've left it long enough for the pile to only grow. Today I determined to tackle 'the corner closet.' Only what I really wanted to do was draw.

Above is my simple morning sketch. Having thrown a tidbit to the wildcreativewoman in me (lol:)), now I shall deal with that corner.

Onto emptying a bookcase!

Home    Recent Work    Videopoetry    Celestial Dancers    Photopoems    Birthdance    Bliss Queen    Bio    Earth Rising    Life Drawings    Creative Process    Links    Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Pulsing Imagination - Ray Clews' Paintings

A video of some of my late brother Ray's paintings and poems I wrote for them. Direct link: https://youtu.be/V8iZyORoU9E ___