Watching Kurosawa's Ran, very King Lear, but marvelously Japanese, that landscape, warrior fury, splendour of pageant, emotion moving under
Having been laid off recently, these recessionary times, I went to the Korean Video Store where videos apparently sell for $2. In budget! Korean films and a shelf of Chinese & Japanese. Two Kurosawa's later and one described as "very sexy" that won't load...
When I put the "very sexy" video in my laptop earphones in it smells vaguely of burning
...I wish I had more information, there is a Korean note, with "ONLY" in English
ONLY what? And what did the man in the store mean, "there are some scenes..." and selling me a burning disc with mystical Korean calligraphy
on a label on the disc for $2.? Tomorrow I shall go back and say to the old Korean lady who owns the store and who only takes cash, "It doesn't play..."
Is this part of the mystique of the very sexy burning movie ... I did ask for 'art films' in the Korean Video Store afterall.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Elana Wolff's 'everybody knows a ghost,' in conversation with Brenda Clews
EVERYBODY KNOWS A GHOST (Guernica Editions, 2026), a book launch by Elana Wolff in conversation with Brenda Clews. Available for sale at all...
-
Basquiat at the AGO: An Untitled Portrait When asked about his frequent use of "carbon" (tar, asbestos), Basquiat shot back, ...
-
Pablo Valdivia, Breathing Underwater translated from the Spanish by Ross Woods Guernica Editions, Fall 2014 102 pages Trade Paperback...
-
Forecast by Clara Blackwood Guernica Editions, Spring 2014 108 pages Trade Paperback ISBN13: 9781550718195 ISBN10: 1550718193 Engl...
No comments:
Post a Comment