Friday, October 09, 2009

India Ink Sketch - Tea Ceremony




A sketch, in ink - I know, seriously, I'm too lazy to use pencil first. She's not 'pretty' but older I'd say. Once I colour and do whatever she won't look like this so I thought I'd share an early moment.

I didn't finish the patterns of her kimono on all the fabric. The rising from the earth, the rockface I mentioned in my last post, that sense of the Canadian Shield, the Precambrian rock, this is what I wanted to convey. Leaving some of the fabric without pattern seemed to emphasize this quality in the overall shape of the composition. I mean, along with the grace and delicacy of an important spiritual and social ritual - the tea ceremony.


Home   Videopoetry   Celestial Dancers   Photopoems   Birthdance   Bliss Queen   Bio   Earth Rising   Life Drawings   Creative Process   Links   Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

An impressionistic response to Truffaut’s, The 400 Blows 1959

The 400 Blows, or  "faire les quatre cents coups” (to ‘raise hell’),  directed by Truffaut, 1959 The luscious blacks and whites, the co...