Saturday, January 20, 2007

How did...

How did you write that poem? How did you paint that painting? How did you find that friend? How did you know to be in that place at that particular time? How did you know how to escape that situation or choose that deal?

Unrepeatable and beyond explanation. Nor can you properly impart the sense of wonder you felt at what happened.

The series of apparently random coincidences that occurred to get you from point A to C were actually specific. A specific sequence. Intuition got you there.

It's a trustworthy navigator.

But requires 'letting go.'

In this way, it is akin to religious belief.

Living your prayer; living your wishes.

Putting aside your tiny maps and trusting that you know the way.

Let go. And find what you are looking for.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:40 AM

    Beautiful and wise words

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If a man wishes to be sure of the road he treads on, he must close his eyes and walk in the dark." -- St. John of the Cross (Juan de la Cruz, 1542-1591)
    I learned about that quote thanks to "magic fly paula" at Flickr. I now have it taped to my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Bruce...

    e_journeys, I love that quote! How perfectly St John of the Cross said it. Oh I can't wait to move and unpack my books, right now I'd love to re-read Dark Night of the Soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:11 PM

    Living one's life as unto a prayer. The mystic's journey.

    Yes~

    Yours is a well of contemplation and insight, my Friend~

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete

A Pulsing Imagination - Ray Clews' Paintings

A video of some of my late brother Ray's paintings and poems I wrote for them. Direct link: https://youtu.be/V8iZyORoU9E ___