Sunday, February 19, 2006

Dancing Chameleon

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usSince, of late, I've changed my profile pic rather too frequently, I set out to create one today. I'm trying to post something I can live with. This one's okay, the hall corner we (my daughter's behind the camera) took it in drab so I dabbled a bit with the background, whitened out the window with the tea towel hanging as a curtain. We liked the silhouette; the lines of the body; the painterly background. Perhaps I can leave this photo as a profile for awhile... going to try. I'm not just in an 'identity crisis,' shifting semblances of the self, but a 'life crisis.' Oh, sigh. Who are we anyway?

My favourite creature as a child in Zambia, where I lived in the jungle, were chameleons which I played with for hours. It's hard to stay the same, and yet we never change...

3 comments:

  1. I love this picture of you. It reflects the agility of spirit and mind I read and see in everything you create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. Very much you. Always feeling for the boundaries of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. patry francis and mb, blush, thank you- :) It looks like a tarot card, a postmodern story, something! A good stretch...

    ReplyDelete

An impressionistic response to Truffaut’s, The 400 Blows 1959

The 400 Blows, or  "faire les quatre cents coups” (to ‘raise hell’),  directed by Truffaut, 1959 The luscious blacks and whites, the co...