Monday, October 12, 2009

Tea Ceremony finished, & awaiting a poem...



The india ink sketch could have gone in different directions, left white, coloured with pencil, painted in any number of styles. It was soothing today to colour in pencil. Green, and more green. While I'm still not enamoured of her face, it's okay. All this piece needs now is a poem. When I do that, I'll crop it tighter.

I chose the unforgiving path. No pencil sketch to begin with, only India ink. Then coloured pencil and inks. Nothing loose. No approaching it. And no way back once begun.

A decision made, to use the green pencil, the red ink, to go over a black line, cannot be undone. The mark is on the paper. Accept what is unfolding.

In this world, of the tea ceremony, the moment of connection, soothing satiety, the pouring of life, there is no room for hesitancy.
_

And there I was, after a busy weekend, cooking our Thanksgiving feast on Saturday, cleaning  and shopping yesterday, telling myself, today is my day to relax. Which lasted all of 10 minutes before I was occupied with the Tea Ceremony sketch, and which took me through the afternoon with email breaks and uplifting videos at YouTube.

Lovely day, all in all.



Home   Videopoetry   Celestial Dancers   Photopoems   Birthdance   Bliss Queen   Bio   Earth Rising   Life Drawings   Creative Process   Links   Comments

2 comments:

  1. Nice sketch! The Tea Ceremony is such a lovely and sacred activity. I'm sure you'll write a lovely poem for this Brenda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Casey. The Tea Ceremony is very special indeed. I shall re-read Kakuzo Okakura's beautiful little book, if I can find it on my overstuffed bookshelves, before I compose anything. And you understand the art that has no precedent, which you don't know the direction of, and in which every stroke counts. :)

    ReplyDelete

Self-Portrait with a Fascinator 2016

On Monday, I walked, buying frames from two stores in different parts of the city, then went to the Art Bar Poetry Series in the evening, ab...