Tuesday, April 09, 2013
Poets Series: Rishma Dunlop @ The Art Bar
Rishma Dunlop, a poetry reading sketch at the Art Bar at Q Space on April 2, 2013. 4" x 6", Aquarelle graphite on 130lb archival art paper. This drawing was done with a water-soluble 6B pencil, and so can be wetted and then it will change, and may lose the likeness here, so I thought to post the original sketch before seeing what a wet paintbrush produces.
(Unfortunately, once again, I forgot my 'distance/close-up' glasses, and so she was fuzzy in the distance and likely the likeness is too. Lol.)
Rishma was on my thesis committee for a thesis I didn't finish at York U about a decade ago. She's a fabulous poet, essayist, literary editor and teacher. I bought her book, 'Lover Through Departure,' and look forward to reading the poems. It was wonderful to see her again.
___
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
An impressionistic response to Truffaut’s, The 400 Blows 1959
The 400 Blows, or "faire les quatre cents coups” (to ‘raise hell’), directed by Truffaut, 1959 The luscious blacks and whites, the co...
-
Basquiat at the AGO: An Untitled Portrait When asked about his frequent use of "carbon" (tar, asbestos), Basquiat shot back, ...
-
Pablo Valdivia, Breathing Underwater translated from the Spanish by Ross Woods Guernica Editions, Fall 2014 102 pages Trade Paperback...
-
Forecast by Clara Blackwood Guernica Editions, Spring 2014 108 pages Trade Paperback ISBN13: 9781550718195 ISBN10: 1550718193 Engl...




No comments:
Post a Comment