Monday, April 01, 2013

Poets Series: Gabrielle at HOWL



Charcoal sketch of Gabrielle B. [it is nigh impossible to find images of her on the NET, and she's a published author, and so I think that is a deliberate choice, and therefore naming her is not, I suspect, apropos] at Nik Beat's HOWL at Q Space on March 24th, 2013. To the left, the untouched original sketch done there, and, to the right, finished in various colours of conte. I had to rely entirely on memory for the colour, which perhaps I oughtn't to have done since to my eye the finished drawing loses the spontaneity of the sketch, but I wanted to attempt the rich skin tones. 8.5" x 11", 130lb archival art paper.

___

 brendaclews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

An impressionistic response to Truffaut’s, The 400 Blows 1959

The 400 Blows, or  "faire les quatre cents coups” (to ‘raise hell’),  directed by Truffaut, 1959 The luscious blacks and whites, the co...