Monday, January 30, 2012

Resolution to Rumblefish Copyright Notice from YouTube

For those of you following my story about YouTube sending me a "Copyright Violation" notice because Rumblefish claimed copyright content on the soundtrack for 'Videopoetry: Voicings,' (which I had made in GarageBand from a voice recording, a midi file generated from the text of the poem, and some small GarageBand loops, all absolutely legal):

5:54 PM (today)

Hi Brenda,

I have released this claim. Apparently is has been misidentified by the YouTube content matching system.

Best,

-Ben

****|Catalog Manager
****@rumblefish.com |

My original post with all the emails is here:
http://brendaclews.blogspot.com/2012/01/rumblefish-copyright-notice-from.html

Nice of him to 'blame' YouTube. YouTube had originally written that: "Your video, Videopoetry: Voicings, may have content that is owned or licensed by rumblefish." Yesterday, I wrote back to Rumblefish, and registered a Dispute over this claim with YouTube, and they have backed off.  YouTube gives you only 48 hours from the time the notice is sent out to dispute a claim - then YouTube puts an advertisement on your video which generates money for Rumblefish (or whoever's made the claim) and YouTube.

While I am glad this issue was resolved quickly, it does make me wonder how many artists get hit like this and don't fight back.



Home  Green Fire  Different, yet Same  Soirée of Poetry  Videopoetry  Celestial Dancers  Photopoems  Birthdance  Bliss Queen  Bio  Life Drawings  Earth Rising  Creative Process  Multiplicities  Links  Comments

2 comments:

  1. I just had the same thing happen to me made a video with an iMovie loop. Just challenged the claim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had the same thing just happen with me with an iMovie loop in a video. Just challenged the claim.

    ReplyDelete

A Pulsing Imagination - Ray Clews' Paintings

A video of some of my late brother Ray's paintings and poems I wrote for them. Direct link: https://youtu.be/V8iZyORoU9E ___