Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dream: October 17, 2011 (the co-narcissist)

I am in a man's house; he is quite wealthy, an official. A small group of 60s style secret agents - sort of KGB-like, swarm about. The agents warn me about the man, "He's dangerous." I counter, "But he's always been nice to me." They caution, "You've only been to Level I with him, you've no idea what happens at Level II."

While he is an 'important' man he seems a classic narcissist, and perhaps even worse than that. In the dream he is hypnotic, and like a snake, dangerous, and I don't know why I don't heed caution.

The man asks me to go away with him for a night or two. I agree, despite the consternation of the agents. The man doesn't seem to notice the agents, or, if he does, thinks them unimportant.

We, the man and I, are sitting in the back seat of a car, a chauffeur ready to drive us.

An agent in a dark coat appears suddenly at the open car window, and despite the attempts of the other agents to stop him, plunges a hypodermic needle into the man's stomach - only I put my hand in front to protect him and receive the shot instead.

The agents outside the car don't know what has happened. I try to speak. There is some chaos. I can feel the poison overtaking my nervous system. The man barely notices, clearly doesn't care. I can hardly move, and then I go completely blind. In the darkness, I try to whisper that I am dying but my lips no longer move.



Home  Green Fire  Different, yet Same  Soirée of Poetry  Videopoetry  Celestial Dancers  Photopoems  Birthdance  Bliss Queen  Bio  Life Drawings  Earth Rising  Creative Process  Multiplicities  Links  Comments

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:01 AM

    Powerful dream. Full of meaning. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Barbara. Though I am not in the rich dreaming state you are! A dream every now and then that wakes me, like this one where I died :), oh yikes! -that still takes days before I write it out. These dreams contain so much meaning that it's hard for me to write them knowing how many changes I have to make in my actual life. They are always accurate. Years later when I understand them better in the context of my life at the time, I am always amazed at how clearly and accurately they present the problem. Dreams, if you listen to them, are truly our most trustworthy guides.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, I know we are commenting at G+, but I occasionally copy comments over here, where I can more easily access them later on. It's a bit strange, because I don't encourage commenting at Rubies in Crystal, but sometimes something deeper happens in a comment stream, and I like to keep that.

    B. E. Berger - I'd be interested in hearing anything else that develops around this dream that you are moved to share -- now or years from now! This was an incredibly rich dream!

    Brenda - Scary. But it was only a dream, a message from the deeper self, a description of a problematic predilection in my life that I do understand if dimly, and giving me the 'nuts & bolts' in such a jolting way makes me see how I need to change because it's a 'life or death' situation - not physically, but in other ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Brenda,
    I was hoping to include your October 17th dream in the Annandale Dream Gazette: http://annandaledreamgazetteonline.blogspot.com. Please let me know if that is ok.
    Thanks,
    Lynn Behrendt lynn.behrendt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love dreams! What a great site. Yes, of course Lynn. And I'm subscribing!

    ReplyDelete

Self-Portrait with a Fascinator 2016

On Monday, I walked, buying frames from two stores in different parts of the city, then went to the Art Bar Poetry Series in the evening, ab...