Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Me as an Audience Extra

The last year has been one of the most difficult years of my life. While I cannot share much of what has happened, the good news is that I am still going. Sometimes I'm not sure how.

At the end of May my last contract position ended and since then I have been officially unemployed, a disempowering experience to say the least.

Anyhow, for a new experience last Friday I was an 'audience extra' at Market Call Tonight on BNN. Here's a clip of me asking a question, something I make myself do whenever I attend a seminar. Okay, I don't know a lot about the stock market, but I realized that I know more than I thought I did.

By all means watch the whole show, Ross Healy's viewpoints are interesting. If you want to see yours truly, a little nervous (could have done with some of those beta blockers, laughs) go to 7:25 on this clip (after the ads) for about 2 minutes to hear his full answer.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear how difficult this year has been for you and hope that things are shifting somewhat now. Sending wishes for peace and joy to surround you and give you a break from whatever has been painful.

    Are you looking for new employment now or taking a long hiatus from work? Enjoyed seeing the clip - thanks for the link. I hope with all my being we elect a Democrat in the fall. We cannot afford any more years of Republican politics in this country, and neither can the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sky, it was so sweet of you to watch that clip!

    The year has been one of life and death proportions and it's been extremely difficult. Being unemployed while not creatively fruitful has given me time to heal from the stress and effort of everything. Everything is fine, all the crises have passed, but I've had to be very emotionally grounded for those who've needed it while allowing myself to grieve and feel pain and anger and sadness privately and holding that together requires strength, along with getting up everyday and going to work and maintaining a calm and loving and happy demeanour.

    I don't expect resolutions to anything, only a way to work it through. How to be in relation to our struggles and difficulties.

    I've carried mostly everything alone, which has its toll too. But that's the way I am - usually can't talk about difficulties until they're over.

    Anyway, I am looking for work, but with the recession it's not easy. I trust something perfect will come along in good time.

    In many ways I am grateful for the current breather.

    Blessings, Sky. Many thanks. xo

    ReplyDelete

A Pulsing Imagination - Ray Clews' Paintings

A video of some of my late brother Ray's paintings and poems I wrote for them. Direct link: https://youtu.be/V8iZyORoU9E ___