Wednesday, May 24, 2006

A to Z Meme

I've been tagged by a beautiful bluebird for a meme

accent: mostly Canadian, but have been told undercurrents of English Southern African/Zimbabwean & British, & probably some Swahili rhythms

booze: red wine, usually Merlot, and dark beer, Guiness is good

chore I hate: vacuuming, swishing floors with a mop and bucket way preferable, or sweeping

dogs/cats: a Springer Spaniel with me, a shy black cat at my mother's at present

essential electronics: computer, digital camera, sound equipment, does coffee maker, fruit smoothie blender and toaster oven count?

favorite perfume/cologne: Angel - all kitchen scents, over a hundred, no floral, but usually don't wear perfume

gold/silver: silver for my lunar/lune-y self

hometown: TO, where I've been since 10

insomnia: wake for a few hours in the night frequently

job title: umm, dog walker, chief housecleaner, mother, writer, artist, editor, receptionist, tutor, meditator, blogger... :)

kids: two

living arrangements: close

most admired trait: empathy (by my daughter's estimation, though she had a far longer list of her least admired -:)

number of sexual partners: how delightful

overnight hospital stays: pneumonia at 16, for 2 weeks, one night after my first child was born

phobia: snakes, especially the extremely poisonous ones found in African jungles

quote: "Develop this good heart that longs for others to find lasting happiness..." and seeks to help others realize themselves, their gifts, live their potential, something to that effect, it's by Sogyal Rinpoche in The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, and I started two journals with it, and kept it on my desk, and the phrasing slips my mind now...

religion: amalgam of mystical traditions, I'd venture

siblings: two brothers

time I usually wake up: anywhere from 5am to 8am, depending on if I've been up a couple of hours in the night and if I'm working or not

unusual talent: untying knots

vegetable I refuse to eat: did a big internet search last night on vegetables trying to find one I didn't like - my daughter thought I was crazy, but still haven't found one

worst habit: letting the world drift by, or myself drift in it

x-rays: too much dental work

yummy foods I make: due to sparse living circumstances I don't cook much (no stove or oven), but my daughter remembers the homemade pizza on the pizza stone, the fresh cinammon buns, various roasts, the arrays of curries, and as soon as we move to a place with a real kitchen again...

zodiac sign: pisces

No tagging - but please do this meme if you're delighted or intrigued or captivated by it...

8 comments:

  1. Ah, I knew you'd provide some fascinating responses, Brenda! If we could share a glass of wine... And you have reminded me of a book I've been meaning to read and haven't got to yet! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I'd enjoy that very much! (And I'd ask you to sing, you know that.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful self-portrait. A full and continuing-to-be-full life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm going to borrow your answers to "number of sex partners" and "religion" when I do mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How delightful indeed! I really enjoyed this, Brenda. And I can almost smell those cinammon buns. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. e_journeys, why thanks!

    Patry, ah, we learn so much from each other :)

    Mary, yes, they were delicious, freshly made dough (in the bread maker), as much butter & cinnamon and the pastry would hold, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your quote and i admire you for your ability to eat all veggies. it's so sweet that your daughter lists empathy as your best trait. i can fully see why.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snowsparkle, now not all veggies are equal! It all depends on the preparation... & sometimes dressings or sauces (we could expand these words of veggie wisdom to other things, couldn't we :)

    ReplyDelete

A Pulsing Imagination - Ray Clews' Paintings

A video of some of my late brother Ray's paintings and poems I wrote for them. Direct link: https://youtu.be/V8iZyORoU9E ___