Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Transit and Café Drawings





A couple of simple Transit Drawings and a Café Drawing: the first two photographed; the latter scanned. What's nice about sleuth drawing is that they have to be fast and you don't have to show the subject, though often I do.

What I most like is that people aren't posing. They aren't presenting a persona to the artist; rather, they are engaged in what they are doing, whether it's reading, writing or unselfconsciously gazing into space thinking. They don't feel watched (as in a life drawing session) except in the ways we all watch each other journeying or working in public spaces.

I think these were all August 2015.
___

 brendaclews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

An impressionistic response to Truffaut’s, The 400 Blows 1959

The 400 Blows, or  "faire les quatre cents coups” (to ‘raise hell’),  directed by Truffaut, 1959 The luscious blacks and whites, the co...