Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Transit and Café Drawings





A couple of simple Transit Drawings and a Café Drawing: the first two photographed; the latter scanned. What's nice about sleuth drawing is that they have to be fast and you don't have to show the subject, though often I do.

What I most like is that people aren't posing. They aren't presenting a persona to the artist; rather, they are engaged in what they are doing, whether it's reading, writing or unselfconsciously gazing into space thinking. They don't feel watched (as in a life drawing session) except in the ways we all watch each other journeying or working in public spaces.

I think these were all August 2015.
___

 brendaclews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Pulsing Imagination - Ray Clews' Paintings

A video of some of my late brother Ray's paintings and poems I wrote for them. Direct link: https://youtu.be/V8iZyORoU9E ___