Friday, August 01, 2014

The Final Night of 'The Beautiful and the Damned' Toronto Poetry Series

The final 'Beautiful and the Damned' was a warm, funny, poignant, talent-heavy evening and somehow a fitting way to say goodbye to a great poetry series. I was honoured to host it. May it find its way among the stars it created during its run.

With thanks to Philip Cairns, who has been part of The Beautiful and the Damned since its beginning 3 1/2 years ago and who organized the evening, and John Oughton for his great Edgar Allen Poe trivia questions and especially the squeaky black rat prize who continued to squeak with Jeff Cottrill's beckoning. My cat is currently dragging it around her lair.

Many thanks to everyone who came out! xoxoxoxo

(it was too dark to take photos without making the subject stay still and using a tripod, but I did my best and really, considering the low light, they're not too bad)



___

 brendaclews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Pulsing Imagination - Ray Clews' Paintings

A video of some of my late brother Ray's paintings and poems I wrote for them. Direct link: https://youtu.be/V8iZyORoU9E ___