Sunday, June 09, 2013

'For decisions and revisions'



'For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse,' a line from TS Eliot's, "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock," 2013, 8" x 10", graphite and ink, in a Premium C.D. Japanese Notebook (the paper is like silk).

Then Dean R. Vincent has offered an even better line, "And so it stays just at the edge of vision/a small unfocused blur, a standing chill/that slows each impulse down to indecision." Larkin, 'Aubade.'

As I built the figure, he looked very eery, but came more into form when I added some B pencil lines, also lilac pencil and then red ink.

The second photo I took with the drawing angled in the sun so you can see some of the texture.

___

 brendaclews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

An impressionistic response to Truffaut’s, The 400 Blows 1959

The 400 Blows, or  "faire les quatre cents coups” (to ‘raise hell’),  directed by Truffaut, 1959 The luscious blacks and whites, the co...