Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Little Fir Tree to Brighten the Season

It's not much, and the decorations are still in their boxes. You understand, I have a kitten. A kitten! Nothing is safe. Especially not dangly tree decorations. But no tree? Oh no! So a $12. little tree that doesn't fit into the tree stand and is already shedding needles like it was January. I wrapped the tiny trunk in styrofoam held together with elastic bands, scotch tape and love and made sure it was in the water under the red felt and it sort of stands up, when it's not falling over. My son, who bought it, and I strung it with little white lights. Honestly, it's beautiful. A bright little spot that I know seems so homely but which I wanted to share anyhow. The smell of fir is divine!



___

 brendaclews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Pulsing Imagination - Ray Clews' Paintings

A video of some of my late brother Ray's paintings and poems I wrote for them. Direct link: https://youtu.be/V8iZyORoU9E ___