Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sketch of a Sketcher from a Poetry Salon

Sketch of a Sketcher, from my Poetry Salon in March, of Jennifer Hosein, 21cm x 29cm, 8" x 11.5", 2012, graphite, India and acrylic inks, Moleskine folio Sketchbook A4.

While I had thought to do wild, expressionist colours, to lose the form somewhat, my muse urged me in the direction of delicate restraint instead. Over many hours I created the colours stroke by stroke with a dip pen. Once I started working on this drawing, I knew I wished to keep the original sketch intact, that there is a softness that could not be rendered in ink. Jen's artwork is full of bright passionate colours, and she is a bold and talented writer, and yet, her gentleness, she is a kind, warm, compassionate person.





Home  Green Fire  Different, yet Same  Soirée of Poetry  Videopoetry  Celestial Dancers  Photopoems  Birthdance  Bliss Queen  Bio  Life Drawings  Earth Rising  Creative Process  Multiplicities  Links  Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Portrait with a Fascinator 2016

On Monday, I walked, buying frames from two stores in different parts of the city, then went to the Art Bar Poetry Series in the evening, ab...