Sunday, May 02, 2010

A Kora of Blossoms



a fragrance of bouquets of petaled crabapple flowers



into a pink florae of wild apple-scented beauty



feathers of blossoms pass us by



do you see what deeply peers?


These are stills from a video where I gently shook the camera - manually, no Photoshop filters. The final one is my favourite. (Click photos for larger size)


I also experimented with Picasa's 'slideshow movie' capabilities and was impressed. I uploaded this .43sec video directly from Picasa to YouTube, and you'll see if you play it full screen that the resolution is excellent.



direct link: A Kora of Blossoms

Walking along a Toronto street in Spring, I came across a tree of dancing bouquets of crabapple blossoms.

Music from 'Zaman,' by Myriam Matoussi & friends:
http://jamendo.com/en/album/57325 (used with permission)



 Doggles and I walked 6 kilometers today through Toronto neighbourhoods unexplored before. With a thermos of Earl Grey tea, steamy, redolent with bergamot orange, and kibble and water for her, we stopped at three lush parks while I sipped and she sniffed, nibbled grass and chewed sticks. I took a shaking-camera video of a crab apple tree in blossom. Music from Mali the whole way -yeah I was wired, that
kora, man it's beautiful. We came home after 3 hours. She's 11 this Summer and aging extremely well, I must say.



Home    Different, yet Same    Recent Work    Videopoetry    Celestial Dancers    Photopoems    Birthdance    Bliss Queen    Bio    Life Drawings    Earth Rising    Creative Process    Soirée    Links    Comments

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous. i love the word "kora"! xoxooxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, hon. The word 'Kora' is only superseded by the playing of the Kora by a master! Toumani Diabate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hVZ96W61Eo xxoxooxooo

    ReplyDelete

A Pulsing Imagination - Ray Clews' Paintings

A video of some of my late brother Ray's paintings and poems I wrote for them. Direct link: https://youtu.be/V8iZyORoU9E ___