Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My next painting in progress...

             
From Next Painting

untitled, 24" x 30", 61cm x 76.2cm, acrylic bone black base, chalk sketch

Titled, my 'next painting' until the images become clearer and I can see what is emerging. The first figure has been sitting on my easel for a week or two now. I hadn't intended to draw a male, or a figure like that, and it's taken some time to accept what arose in the chalk. Today I thought to add another similar figure, so traced the original onto parchment paper, cut it out, and quickly chalked the edges in to get what you see in the second image. Waiting for a title to make itself known.


Home    Women In Seasons    Recent Work    Videopoetry    Celestial Dancers    Photopoems    Birthdance    Bliss Queen    Bio    Life Drawings    Earth Rising    Creative Process    Links    Comments

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:37 PM

    Hey there dear one ... Gmail just added BUZZ and here you are my first buzzer. Like the figures ... a sense of lightening striking. Dizzying ;) Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz! I don't know how much we can buzz, twitter, identica, facebook, gather, and blogspot, et al, but *they* sure have us connected to each other every which way!

    Oooh, lightning striking, I like that! It'd make you laugh, I kept trying to draw breasts and hips on the original figure but a 'he' asserted himself! Then the second figure was to be female, and once again, a male. They have a sort of Native American or Inuit look about them - I have no idea who they are. Paintings, I tell ya! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shock! Electricity! These two have been caught in a moment of being zapped by a high energy bolt. Yes it could be lightning, but it also could be something that has fallen in front of them at their feet and which is radiating something. Perhaps a curled-up porcupine, a powerful visitor from another dimension that has suddenly broken through before them. (Maybe this visiting creature could be female!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arnold! And I see perhaps you might be enroute to creating your own blog? Hope so!

    Thank you - so far I am flummoxed as to what is appearing here when it wasn't what I had set out to draw. Seriously, I had thought a new agey angel type woman and a waterfall. And look who appeared! You should have seen me trying to draw breasts with the chalk and having to rub out because the male, well he just was.

    And then it happened all over again with the second figure. I left the attempted breasts in so you can see how my efforts were in vain.

    I'm thinking to put a female figure on each side of them, but who knows what will transpire!

    Lightning, electricity, voltage. Ahhh... where's that peaceful and relaxing waterfall. I think it's called 'pathetic fallacy' when the artist thinks they're doing one thing but entirely another appears.

    :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Curled up porcupine... hmnnn. I will give that some thought! It doesn't have to be brown, afterall. Could be an electric blue & purple porcupine.

    ReplyDelete

Self-Portrait with a Fascinator 2016

On Monday, I walked, buying frames from two stores in different parts of the city, then went to the Art Bar Poetry Series in the evening, ab...