Saturday, October 15, 2005

SunMan, Oh Apollo

Original sketch with photoshop lighting.






Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



"SunMan, Oh Apollo," ink, pencil on paper, 11" x 14", from a lifedrawing class September 2005. The energy of light, of a confident male sexuality...

I rather like him in the 'glowing edges' Photoshop filter... so then he's called "SunMan, Oh Apollo Night," and if it's a little contradictory, well whoever said Greek gods weren't.

The library system has been down most of the week. Even today it's taken more than an hour to upload this post. I feel estranged from you all and am missing the community here more than I can say.

My son just visited for a few days- we hadn't seen each other since mid-July -which was wonderful. After he left, being turned away by 2 internet cafes, where it was claimed that my uploading would slow everyone's games down, sigh, I managed to upload the life drawings that I've finished where my brother works...

Much love to everyone- I think about you all, you're all in my heart. xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Hola! It was interesting for me to see that you also have an interest in photoshop. I've always found it a great approach for developing ideas. Kind of like reading a book. It jumps out at you in ways that can be quite unexpected. What is the medium of the initial drawing?
    take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. l'hombre, I'm glad you're back! I just responded in a long comment but at an internet cafe where the operating system is in Korean- and lost everything because I couldn't read the log in instructions! Will try again from the library tomorrow... xo

    ReplyDelete

A Pulsing Imagination - Ray Clews' Paintings

A video of some of my late brother Ray's paintings and poems I wrote for them. Direct link: https://youtu.be/V8iZyORoU9E ___