Thursday, July 28, 2005

Lifedrawing before I take to the skies...

While I'd rather be at home packing, and there is still way too much to do, until Friday I am at a job where I can while away my time, between calls and mailings, on the NET (instead of finishing packing, oh such stress). For Jean, Adriana Bliss, e_journeys, Mary Godwin, Richard Lawrence Cohen, and Dale, who left such heartwarming messages and a welcome back whenever that may be, and Tamar who sent me an email, thank you, my dear blogging friends...

Last night I went with my new friend Stephen, Voxcat, to his weekly lifedrawing class, and then to English Bay to watch the fireworks, a magnificent display of light and colour and explosion over the ocean and against the backdrop of the mountains, a most wonderful way to say goodbye to Vancouver.

I post three of my lifedrawing efforts. They were 3 minute poses. A challenge for one who likes to linger over drawing. By the third hour I was exhausted with the speed, and began to colour instead. These images contain stories, reflections, ways of composing life and being and may become photopoems later on...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Meadow Dancing
©Brenda Clews 2005

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Her Figments and Shadows in Half Tones
©Brenda Clews 2005


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Are Those Her Wings, Has She Yet to Put Them On?
©Brenda Clews 2005

5 comments:

  1. Thinking lovingly of you -- travel blessings & a happy landfall to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these life drawings! I've gone to those sessions a few times and the short pose duration drives me nuts. Like anything else it takes practice (which I have not yet put in) -- it's also why almost all my sketches of my cats show them fast asleep....

    ReplyDelete
  3. "her figment and shadows" stuns me, the haunting of times and visions of sexuality and dreams of possibilities. I do loce all of them, but that one takes me away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love, love the drawings! What a bright and beautiful greeting to leave us with, while you are on your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:29 AM

    I must stop looking at your life drawings because I want nearly every one I see. Hope you are well. Cheers, Bill Vexations

    ReplyDelete

Self-Portrait with a Fascinator 2016

On Monday, I walked, buying frames from two stores in different parts of the city, then went to the Art Bar Poetry Series in the evening, ab...