Friday, March 18, 2005

One of my birth paintings...

SaucyVox.com

Go check this out. It's an on-line magazine published by the one and only, inimitable, brilliant, sensual and talented Feith:

SaucyVox has featured one of my birth paintings, Lace of Light (24"x37", watercolour on paper, 1987), on the cover of the current issue.

Now that I have procured a domain name, I shall be posting the entire series of Birth Paintings (1986-89) with writing to go with them as part of my book on the maternal body. I just need to watermark them, and then embark on the process of writing a first draft in my blog. So, that's coming....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4 comments:

  1. Hey Brenda, congrats on "Lace of Light" as cover for SaucyVox! Very interesting image. I wish that the computer medium could give a "real" rendition of what looks like a provocative surface. Continued success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you lhombre! I appreciate your comments - your insight and support - you are a special person and a well-established artist whose work I admire. And congratulations back to you on your Spanish project! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are amazing images, Brenda. You reflect the intensity of feminine power.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Adriana for such a poetic description of the energy flow. I've been working on a collection of writings on the maternal body since 1987! Hoping that writing in my blog may help me finish it... xo

    ReplyDelete

Self-Portrait with a Fascinator 2016

On Monday, I walked, buying frames from two stores in different parts of the city, then went to the Art Bar Poetry Series in the evening, ab...