While I made the mask last Summer, and we have used it in a few photo shoots, it has only been held together with masking tape. Two days ago I began the process of papier-mache. It's been sanded in these photos, and needs, I think, one more layer, more sanding, and then it will be painted white with a matte finish. I always glue soft white flannel on the inside of my masks to make them more comfortable to wear for poetry performances, so that has to be done too. I took these photos late last night with my iPhone 5S. Pretty spooky, huh.
___
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Elana Wolff's 'everybody knows a ghost,' in conversation with Brenda Clews
EVERYBODY KNOWS A GHOST (Guernica Editions, 2026), a book launch by Elana Wolff in conversation with Brenda Clews. Available for sale at all...
-
Basquiat at the AGO: An Untitled Portrait When asked about his frequent use of "carbon" (tar, asbestos), Basquiat shot back, ...
-
Pablo Valdivia, Breathing Underwater translated from the Spanish by Ross Woods Guernica Editions, Fall 2014 102 pages Trade Paperback...
-
Forecast by Clara Blackwood Guernica Editions, Spring 2014 108 pages Trade Paperback ISBN13: 9781550718195 ISBN10: 1550718193 Engl...





No comments:
Post a Comment