Sunday, June 08, 2014

Sunday morning self-portrait


Is it becoming a chore? Sunday morning, draw woman! I was impatient to have my second cup of coffee. C'mon ink, c'mon drawing, hurry up! The point is to be fast. I can't say resembles or not - don't want what a camera could do, that's all. And I want to be ruthless with myself and use unforgiving ink. This woman needs caffeine! Line after line - it's not right! Dots then. Oh, my. Just get it done. And my lovely Lamy fountain pen is no longer 'scratchy' - it flows properly. Dang, huh.

'Sunday Morning Self-Portrait,' 8 June 2014. ©Brenda Clews. Lamy fountain pen with Noodler's black ink and some other stuff, 15" x 11", Pentalic 130lb archival paper.

(Cloudy out and so the white balance isn't the same as if I took it in direct sun. Colour looks accurate on my iPad Mini for the type of day it is.)

___

 brendaclews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Pulsing Imagination - Ray Clews' Paintings

A video of some of my late brother Ray's paintings and poems I wrote for them. Direct link: https://youtu.be/V8iZyORoU9E ___