Monday, January 28, 2013

A poet at Nik Beat's HOWL at Q Space





A poet at Nik Beat's HOWL at Q Space on Jan 27, 2013, by Brenda Clews, 9"x 12", 22.9cm x 30.5cm, art pens on 80lb archival Strathmore drawing paper. (Original sketch and the final with some red pencil in the hair done the next day - scanned images.)

A new style for drawing at poetry readings. And I would like to stay away from naming the poets because that frees me from representation, which has become too much of a burden. Given the dim lighting, that I generally forget my distance glasses, the angle of the poet from where I'm sitting, that there is often a big microphone covering their mouth and so on doing a more realistic sketch is too onerous.

The only thing I will say about this one is that the poet is 'into' zombies and when I showed her after and laughed, saying, 'It's you with zombie influences...' she said she loved it, but was probably only being nice. She has Salem red hair.

___

 brendaclews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Pulsing Imagination - Ray Clews' Paintings

A video of some of my late brother Ray's paintings and poems I wrote for them. Direct link: https://youtu.be/V8iZyORoU9E ___