Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Last night I lay awake most of the night, knowing something... she was taken to the hospital by ambulance at 3am. My mother is dying. She had a stroke, a mild heart attack and has pneumonia. Without a 'living will,' she will be resuscitated if she stops breathing. Her dying could take a long time, as my father's did in ICU in a high tech hospital. But, essentially, she is gone. She'll never go home again. I feel very strange, though she is 89 and very thin and frail and we've known it could happen at any time. If I'm absent... it's because... thank you so much for your kindnesses, understanding.

Home  Green Fire  Different, yet Same  Soirée of Poetry  Videopoetry  Celestial Dancers  Photopoems  Birthdance  Bliss Queen  Bio  Life Drawings  Earth Rising  Creative Process  Multiplicities  Links  Comments

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to read of this. I am not looking forward to this moment myself, but I know I will have to face it. I wish you and yours the very best and peace at this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your understanding and kindness, Yousei. She may pull out of this, not with full capacities, but enough to live at a nursing home perhaps. My brother was looking after her, and called 911 when she fell, and so she was at a stroke hospital within the hour, so while she can't speak, and may never walk again, she will likely survive this crisis, and after a month or so in hospital move to a stroke rehab facility... beyond that we do not know.

      Delete

Self-Portrait with a Fascinator 2016

On Monday, I walked, buying frames from two stores in different parts of the city, then went to the Art Bar Poetry Series in the evening, ab...