Friday, January 06, 2012

Springer Spaniel


The original sketch of the dog, from life, and she wouldn't sit still, even with many treats placed on the windowsill, was in Private Reserve fountain pen ink that is not permanent. The image lost its delicacy with a matte fixative, which blended the lines. Then I created a loose background by looking at the bare trees outside my living room window. I quite like the effects in the background, but they do not work with the drawing of my dog stylistically. I was in a funk before I began - it's not surprising that I ended up with a funk. My morning Moleskine page from today.

I could turn my poor baby into some fetal thing hanging from the tree. Two Geists were working in me today (metaphorically speaking, no, no, I don't 'channel'!), and they weren't into each other's vision.

Springer Spaniel, 21cm x 29cm, 8" x 11.5", 2012, Moleskine folio Sketchbook, multi-media.

Home  Green Fire  Different, yet Same  Soirée of Poetry  Videopoetry  Celestial Dancers  Photopoems  Birthdance  Bliss Queen  Bio  Life Drawings  Earth Rising  Creative Process  Multiplicities  Links  Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Portrait with a Fascinator 2016

On Monday, I walked, buying frames from two stores in different parts of the city, then went to the Art Bar Poetry Series in the evening, ab...