Saturday, September 03, 2011

The Wall (video on its way)

A few days ago I posted a vocal piece, with a soundtrack, The Wall. Tonight I sliced, cut, layered -edited some footage I'd shot a few weeks ago- to make a video to accompany the audio.

I spoke that piece directly into a mic after I had finished a difficult yoga set and rested before beginning the Sodarshan Chakra Kriya, a Kundalini Yoga meditation which I find most challenging. I made a mala out of 16 rose quartz beads, strung and knotted with silk thread, bracelet-sized really, to aid me with the counting of mantra in the meditation, another story I will tell soon with photos.

In the meantime, here is a still of the title, which I showed only at the end of the video.




Home  Green Fire  Different, yet Same  Soirée of Poetry  Videopoetry  Celestial Dancers  Photopoems  Birthdance  Bliss Queen  Bio  Life Drawings  Earth Rising  Creative Process  Multiplicities  Links  Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Portrait with a Fascinator 2016

On Monday, I walked, buying frames from two stores in different parts of the city, then went to the Art Bar Poetry Series in the evening, ab...