Friday, November 06, 2009

Women In Winter



Women in Winter, 2009, 29"x21½", 74x55mm, oil on 300lb Waterford archival paper.

I waited 6 months for this painting to dry, and applied a matte varnish to it. Today I finally photographed it in sunlight (it's the last image in the slideshow). Now I must, must, must make myself finish the series (of 4 paintings, all of the same woman from the same lifedrawing session, each one named after a season, can be seen on the home page of my Art & Writings website).

This one is raw, the green and the blood. I painted it last Winter, and dedicated it to my son.


Slideshow documenting the developing painting:



Direct link to album.


Home   Recent Work   Videopoetry   Celestial Dancers   Photopoems   Birthdance   Bliss Queen   Bio   Earth Rising   Life Drawings   Creative Process   Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Pulsing Imagination - Ray Clews' Paintings

A video of some of my late brother Ray's paintings and poems I wrote for them. Direct link: https://youtu.be/V8iZyORoU9E ___