Thursday, October 29, 2009

"Green Goddess" Papier-Mâché Masque: Ready to Paint



A crisis yesterday - it dried and was too small for my face. From the neck up I split one cheek, taped the mask wider, re-papier-mâchéd it. Naturally, I have spent hours composing this photographic image rather than painting!

Last night I bought a single, large silicon Calla Lily to carry as a wand. When I went searching in Google images for ideas for painting a "Green Goddess" there were many photos of Calla Lilies!

________________
*Note: To see the finished masque, as well as two short slideshows of the process of making it, go here: Green Goddess Papier-mache Masque.


Home   Videopoetry   Celestial Dancers   Photopoems   Birthdance   Bliss Queen   Bio   Earth Rising   Life Drawings   Creative Process   Links   Comments

1 comment:

  1. Love it. Be sure to get someone to take your picture in full costume. I want to see it.
    Check out my poem and video "The Loss of Faith" when you can.

    ReplyDelete

A Pulsing Imagination - Ray Clews' Paintings

A video of some of my late brother Ray's paintings and poems I wrote for them. Direct link: https://youtu.be/V8iZyORoU9E ___