Friday, May 22, 2009

Love Letters on Sand Manadalas (1:01min)

Added a background of ocean & shells to this older recording for the Photopoem page of my Art & Writings website. An improvement over the plain voice in this one. I worked on this recording (shells & distant tinkling bells are mine) because I thought this poem needed some 'pizzaz.'

(But, yes, I forgot to 'master fade out' & this version is gone because I continued fiddling in garageband & saved a later version... it bothers me, but, ahhhh, it's late... & I did manually 'fade out' each of the six tracks (yes, yes, there are that many)...


        
Love Letters on Sand Mandalas, 2005..............click to play
(click on this image
to enlarge)
















4 comments:

  1. i love this one brenda, that is how love feels, the earth moves, and because you suspend normal physical sensations in the act of lovemaking, you can feel it move, the tidal forces and pleasure are all encompassing, and have this oracle dance of motion and pulse, really like the visuals on this one too, all of the layers are so nicely woven here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writing evocative, poetic - you've almost written a poem in response. Meaning I love your comment. Thank you.

    Re-visiting older pieces, and adding to them is a new process, but it can improve the original, or, as you say, create more cohesive interwoven layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:31 PM

    Brenda, this was so thoroughly "felt." The very ending carried me away with the tide. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Liz. I love how the tide is in your comment too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Self-Portrait with a Fascinator 2016

On Monday, I walked, buying frames from two stores in different parts of the city, then went to the Art Bar Poetry Series in the evening, ab...