Friday, July 28, 2006

In the time it takes to write a paragraph...

Sipping coffee, slowly, flicking from site to site, reading here and there, fat Summer rain falling on the open windows behind me spraying a little inside, checking the books on the windowsill, Life of Pi, Only What Is, Rocking the Cradle, they're fine, fluffy dog at my feet who stands every now and then and looks into my eyes to see if I can hear the loud drizzling and noisy plonking drops, and gets her ears rubbed. This rain so heavy, it would redden the skin if you were out uncovered. A cloud burst that's poured and already spent, the thunder god disappearing over the city skyline, leaving fast running rivulets on the streets, in the drainpipes, ecstatic drenched leaves, mud wherever it can be, flocks of flowers, and a brightness everywhere that is visionary in the time its taken to write this paragraph.

technorati tags: , , fertility, , .

8 comments:

  1. Great paragraph Brenda!

    ecstatic drenched leaves

    Loving that image ...

    Have you read The poetics of space? I am reading it at the moment, and a great deal of it is about the phenomenology of the poetic image - the experience of connecting with a flash of description which we have never met with before. If you haven't ... you would love it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stray, I'm smiling, I've loved Bachelard it must be going on 30 years now, and The Poetics of Space among my most favourite books of all time!

    Read Bachelard, my friend, and let the images he summons reverberate deep within you, and rest and heal...

    *hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I long for rain like this right now. Ohhh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go-on, Thunder God, git your boomy, crashy drums and your flashy lightning spears over to MBs part of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link, Brenda! I love Life of Pi, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only if it comes with rain!! Dry lightning starts fires around here! But, oh, the rain, the rain, the rain would be welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, Rain King! *Torrential rain* for MB, but no floods.

    I'll shake some rain-making rattles for you!

    :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Richard, you're on the shelf, right there where I see your book everyday! And I keep dipping - your writing/take on life/consciousness wonderful! Many thanks...

    ReplyDelete

Self-Portrait with a Fascinator 2016

On Monday, I walked, buying frames from two stores in different parts of the city, then went to the Art Bar Poetry Series in the evening, ab...