Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Celebrating the dancer, sort of...

These are not as well done as they could have been. I got into my favourite dance duds, ran upstairs when the house was quiet, set up a tripod, dashed and posed on the timer a few times, grabbed the tripod, and headed back downstairs to my underground abode. I could have asked, I guess, when my landlord was going to be out, but then I'd have to admit I was 'taking photos for a self portrait marathon' - and who wants to admit a thing like that? Okay, so they're blurry. Sorry. And the bookcase smack behind me, well, some clone stamping, and viola! Gone for all intents and purposes! Okay, so I had to blur the background over the vanished books with an impressionist brush, put a spotlight or so on each figure to make them visible... shucks, I'm only tryin'! I am posting these with the affirmation that I will make my final self portrait out of them by Saturday. In storage I have a large 8' x 5' mirror that I practice poetry/dance performance pieces before, dang if I can manifest one of those mirrors before the ending of the marathon - hence the camera. And I will write a prose poem too... (please tell me I'm silly, because really I am :).

Arrangement-1

7 comments:

  1. Lovely. Something about doing it quickly, perhaps - your body a few quick strong strokes on the camera lense, like the quick strong strokes of a zen painting.

    Just thinking, if you landlord has heard a noise and come out... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are creative and bold, not silly. Or if it is silliness, then it's a silliness I aspire to.

    Dancing, dancing .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never suggest that silly is anything less than positive, like dreamy, or wishful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never suggest that silly is anything less than positive, like dreamy, or wishful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Considering how they were done, probably took all of 5 minutes, even I'm surprised... Gideon wasn't home, I don't think, but he could have walked in the door at any moment. Not that he would have minded; it was just me!

    Thanks Jean, Mary and narrator...

    (& still silly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A little silliness every day
    Keeps braying experts munching hay...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chuck, oh ho! I'll remember that! Silliness every day, yes, and experts braying munching at hay, oh wonderful, I say!

    ReplyDelete

A Pulsing Imagination - Ray Clews' Paintings

A video of some of my late brother Ray's paintings and poems I wrote for them. Direct link: https://youtu.be/V8iZyORoU9E ___