Thursday, June 15, 2006

Blogsday

I found this in my inbox, neat huh:

"Hello,

I'm writing from Open Source, a public radio show based in Boston and distributed around the country.

Last year we started what we hope will be a yearly tradition for us called Blogsday. Based loosely on Bloomsday, which celebrates "Ulysses" as an evocation of the whole world in a single day (in Joyce's case, June 16, 1904), the idea is create a mosaic portrait of our country from excerpts of blog posts written on the same day. (In our case this past Tuesday, June 9th.)

After assembling the excerpts we bring in two accomplished and agile actors to read them. I'm writing now because your post on June 6, "On Saturday Night," caught our eye and we're interested in using it on the show, which will air live on Thursday night from 7-8pm EST.

We can't pay anything -- this is public radio after all -- but we can guarantee a respectful treatment, a national radio audience, and a link on our blog.

Best regards, Chelsea"

I don't know if it's podcast. Chelsea did email me at 7:30pm: "It's being read right now. It sounds great. Many thanks." It was a long day and, oh, it was nice to say yes to Blogsday in honour of Bloomsday...

5 comments:

  1. I just heard it, I looked you up, I read it, and I really dug what I saw. Cool, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! Congratulations, Brenda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How terrific. Yes, congratulations!That was a lovely post. I didn't have to look back to recall it; it was so vivid it stuck in my mind. Sometimes it's the writing about nothing in particular... nothing gets between the writer and the quality of their experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Joe, thank you! I'll be round to your site...

    Patry, thanks!

    Jean, while I didn't hear it, it's still nice...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated but heartfelt congratulations Brenda. I'm not a bit surprised though - it was such a stunning post.

    ReplyDelete

A Pulsing Imagination - Ray Clews' Paintings

A video of some of my late brother Ray's paintings and poems I wrote for them. Direct link: https://youtu.be/V8iZyORoU9E ___