Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Move, Section #59 (An aesthetic of intimacy)

When you are making love to the light rippling in the window, the alter of streaming candles and precious leaves on the silk mat, the colour and movement and sensuality of the dancers around you.

When you are making love to the man or woman of your heart, dreaming your God or Goddess.

When you no longer care how you appear, when you've forgotten yourself, when you hold nothing back, unrestrained, and give everything, your entire passion -pain, suffering, anger, compassion, joy, love- to us.

This has become my theory of art.

An aesthetic of intimacy.

5 comments:

  1. An aesthetic of intimacy - I like that. I've always thought of it as an aesthetic of being willing to be vulnerable and being willing to love. I think that adds up to pretty near the same thing? Close, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MB, An aesthetic of intimacy - lovely sound to that, no? For me, there are traces of the mystics, with union with the Beloved, with Sufism, and with Tantric Buddhism... oh, so much more too.

    But mostly with the heart, and, as you say, being willing to be vulnerable and to love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i will remember what you have written...

    you perfectly put words to what my thought on art is.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allen Ginbserg has a quote which I've started using as the signature to my gmail account: "There should be no difference between what you write and what you really know." That presupposes a kind of intimacy, I think, an intimacy with the self.

    Brenda, I'm liking the ideas in your recent posts a whole lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. luanne, that's so sweet, thank you...

    Richard, hmnn, yes, intimacy with the self, what a wonderful thought that I shall hold...

    There is a resonance to a few of the ideas we've been working with, or should I say, a synchronicity of late? :)

    ReplyDelete

A Pulsing Imagination - Ray Clews' Paintings

A video of some of my late brother Ray's paintings and poems I wrote for them. Direct link: https://youtu.be/V8iZyORoU9E ___