Saturday, December 10, 2005

My daily practice...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usSince 1995 I've been a Certified Kundalini Yoga instructor. I looked online for the meditation I've done daily for 11 years, the Dhrib Dhristi Lochina Karma Kriya, and found it at two sites: one closer to Yogi Bhajan's version, and one geared to a Western yoga market. I've separated it from any guru worship. Usually it's 15 min a day, sometimes followed by silently focusing on the breath for an equal time, or more usually with a rest after, and once a month I do a 2 1/2 hour sitting. It has had a profound effect on my sense of ethic, of understanding that there are consequences to any action that you take. I understand the concept of reverberation through this meditation. Beyond that, it's an ally, a friend, my daily comfort and teacher. Thought I'd share my practice... *hugs xo

5 comments:

  1. :grins: While I think your moving meditation practice much more interesting, black belt in Tai Chi, whoohoo, just love that post, thanks, Richard! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamar, perhaps you've already posted on your practice- but I'd still love to hear about it! *hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that watercolor? I love the way the color flows so vivid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. moose, actually it's water-based oil paint, a detail from a larger painting... xo

    ReplyDelete

Self-Portrait with a Fascinator 2016

On Monday, I walked, buying frames from two stores in different parts of the city, then went to the Art Bar Poetry Series in the evening, ab...