Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Dreams, ah, no, nightmares...

For a bit, who knows, I'm trying daily writing again... it'll be all over the place, though. Don't expect consistency in narrative, or the narratorial voice. Sometimes lifewriting, sometimes who knows.


In the cold, dark night I awake; the clock is flashing 2:03am. Sigh, why'd I awaken? Now I'll be awake for hours. It must have been a dream. What was I dreaming? I pull the two sleeping bags around me, the down one I wrap around myself inside the cloth one which is zipped up. I lie in a cocoon each night. Tonight I have woken perturbed. I think of the dream. And then I see the image. I must still be half asleep. I see an open cream-coloured photograph album on a dark sidewalk. The image suddenly zooms in. There is a photograph of a body on the sidewalk. Only her torso, her right breast, which is bare and splattered with blood. Everything is black and white except the splattering of blood. I don't see the wounding; I don't see what caused her death. I feel sick. Lie back down, what's that about? She's not me, too young. Worry. Worry. Then the cinemascope goes blank, and some white writing appears, as if on a blog site, and it's something about the children, what's hidden, and I'm feeling a churning in my gut and I don't know why. It's as if there are protected posts that I can't read, the children want to let me know that there's something I should know. I want to protect them, but I don't know against what. I feel helpless, on the other side of knowing, sensing trouble and danger through the blackness behind which what I need to know is protected from my sight. I get up, go to the bathroom, return to my tangles of covers, and fall asleep eventually, waking around 6 to get up for work. The dreams still haunting...

3 comments:

  1. I hate creepy dreams that won't leave after I wake up. *shudder*

    Reverberations for you from yesterday, perhaps?

    Sorry to hear your child is sick. Mine is too, but on the mend. Here's to health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree Moose, especially ones you can't shake until you've written them out. Often they seem messages for later. I've been blessedly free of 'creepy dreams' for some years, too. What elicits them from your psychic field? Who knows... today I brought home Krispy Kreme chocolate sugar donuts, just so we could compare :grins: And, like yours, she's on the mend... *hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you record your dreams? I find them fascinating stories in themselves, and their relation to real life often metaphorically prophetic. But an author on another list recently said she keeps extensive dream journals & doesn't try to understand her dreams, or analyze them, she just uses them in her writing... xo

    ReplyDelete

Self-Portrait with a Fascinator 2016

On Monday, I walked, buying frames from two stores in different parts of the city, then went to the Art Bar Poetry Series in the evening, ab...